Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finally a long over due repair is getting done :)

Years ago I started writing about my crocheting and various patterns I was trying or hoping / planning to try ... also shared about my designing dreams ... then that blog was moved here to Blogger and my writing became more hit or miss to eh every so often to hey did I want to share that with someone ... anyone out in cyber space??? 


So if you read my blog whenever I actually write something you may be well aware that I have shared how my 'pack rat' habits and  "clutter bug" habits have left my home really messy.   And after so many years of complaining about my procrastination and my mess it looks like I may have a chance to break the cycle ... we've emptied our living room (well almost, we had no place to move the tv, my chair & one of the loveseats so they are still in the room) ... and our son in love (law) has taken on the job of repairing our damaged ceiling, archway, & wall and then painting our entire entry way, living room & hallway. 


Now I have to figure out how I really want my room to be set up ... the saying : "A place for everything & everything in it's place" has been running through my mind for years now ~ the only problem I seem to have (besides being a pack rat & a clutter bug)  is that I've almost never had a "place for everything" in order to have 'everything in it's place!!'    Just how does one have a place for everything???  I mean I have been in homes where their occupants seem to have a grasp on this concept but really how does one manage to maintain this way of living ???   Oh yeah ... they don't have more stuff than they need in each space... which means perhaps it's time for me to actually let go of some things. 
Let go ... give away or throw away or find a "place" for it if it is to remain in my home  :)


Usually I can 'picture' things in my mind's eye ... makes life a bit easier for me when I want to shop for yarn, when I want to decide how I want to arrange the furniture etc ~ however I have no clue how I want my living room to be once the work is done. I can't seem to picture my living room completed.  I know I need to get a clue and move with it but I want our living room to basically be empty.  Just the really necessary items in it ... if only I could figure out what they are ??? I mean do we really need anything more than our t.v ., my chair, and table, and a desk or table for my laptop & printer??? LOL oh sure we'll need a couple of seats for when someone comes over but we don't need wall to wall stuff ever again :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment