Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Current projects :)

Completed two baby beanies ... found the pattern here:

http://www.crochetnmore.com/babybeanie.htm

I loved how fast this little baby hat worked up, and will make a few more this week.  
With the community outreach at my local public library focused on two local charities that provide mothers something for their newborns, so naturally  baby items are on my radar :) 

Another pattern I have just recently come across & am itching to start is found here : 

http://rhythmofthehome.com/2011/02/newborn-baby-crocheted-dress/

It looks so adorable and I hope since it provides so many good photos it will be as easy as it seems.  

Also still working on the prayer shawl.  My hook seems to be part of my  problem.  My hand and arm tire way too fast when I'm working on this project.  It should have been completed by now but I simply haven't been able to sit and concentrate on it fully for any serious length of time.   I'm not really complaining after all my elbow has a bone spur that sometimes just makes moving my arm not possible.   So any progress is enjoyed.  But when I was working on it the last time (which was Thurs. evening)  I seemed to be uncomfortable with the hook.   One thing I did notice about it was it has no thumb rest & I think if it had one it might not be so uncomfortable in my hand.  

Bone spur in my left elbow & I'm a left handed crocheter so go figure!!!  Oh well that is what is happening around here with my crocheting.
   
Wishing you all 'frog free' projects!!!

Oh and before I leave you all let me give a shout out to my niece, Amanda  ~ she is a clever, talented, artist in many mediums & crochet is one area where her talent shines. If you are interested you can check out her etsy store here: 

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeautyInTheGeek

She has some unique items I hope you enjoy her shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment