Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Hunted"

So I wrote this out late last night & just getting around to posting it here... hope it encourages you.  Let me know ~ leave a comment please.

Hunted … by Anne Fatato Sept. 16th, 2009


Seriously didn't know what to call this topic but the truth is that I was looking out my kitchen window and I did witness something that God used to "enlighten" me ...

Anyway looking out my window I spied a black cat sitting in my back yard. Don't usually see cats in my yard so I stood there to watch & see what it was doing. It looked as if it were hunting. The posture, the intense stare (mind you our back yard looks like a jungle since it needs mowing) and I stood transfixed watching this cat as it stared at its’ prey (which I couldn't see).

Suddenly a movement caught my eye & that cat just pounced on its’ prey so quick & I was surprised by the scene unfolding in front of my eyes. Was it a mouse? Was it a chipmunk? The cat turned toward the house & I could see it's captive caught in its’ mouth. Then what I saw really surprised me. The cat shook his head and dropped the captive on the ground. Then sat & stared at it some more. Was it dead? Was it going to get away after all?

What was that cat up too?

By this time I had to go get my glasses so I could have a better look at this scene as it continued to play out before me as I stood looking out my window. When I returned with my glasses the cat was now pawing at its' prey. I guessed it wanted to see if it had any life left in it. Again the cat picked up its' captive and shook it, released it and watched it, almost daring it to get up & run.

It was a while but sure enough that little chipmunk (I could finally see what creature it was) moved slowly. I watched intently to see what that cat would do now that it's prey was on the move. I was really surprised when that cat just sat there watching. It didn't pounce on that chipmunk for quite some time. It just let it move away.

But not so far out of it's reach. Just enough to make the chipmunk think it might be 'safe'. Then very suddenly up jumped the cat & pounced on the chipmunk yet again.

As I stood there taking in this scene it was very clear to me that is exactly what Satan does to us. He sits ever so patiently, staring at his prey. Waiting for the perfect moment of weakness to pounce on us in order to destroy our relationship with Christ. In any way possible he will attack. As the cat toyed with it's prey ... that is just how cruel Satan is with us. He will shake us & then drop us daring us to show any signs of life so he can attack again.

I watched to see if this poor chipmunk got away or if the cat would actually finish him off. But the cat finally chased the chipmunk out of my line of vision. I wasn't disappointed that the cat & chipmunk were no longer visible to me through my kitchen window becasue the scene that was now playing out in my mind was so much larger than the life & death situation outside in my yard. Here I was basking in the truth of God's faithfulness & love. In the knowledge that whatever Satan may do to "trip" me up and to "catch" me that my God is bigger & stronger & more than able to sustain me through anything the enemy can throw at me. Pounce after pounce my strength is in Christ who is there for me every trial, every testing, every disappointment. He is also there with me in every success, every victory, every joy.

So when I am feeling like I've been chewed on & spit out, pawed at & toyed with I will always remember that the goal is to escape Satan's wiles and move closer to my God. I can overcome because I have an advocate who is always praying for me.

Did the chipmunk escape? I have no idea. How many people are lost in this world being shaken & pounced upon with out a clue that there is a way of escape? And before you ask why I didn't just go out & scare off the cat ... to be honest that thought never entered my mind ... how like us to be silent when we should be speaking up, sharing the truth of God's love & His plan of 'escape'.

Just thought I would share what was on my heart tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment