Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Still in NC and just had to share...

As I sit at the kitchen table looking at my yarn & hooks I think how much I've managed to pack into my brief visit thus far... I have completed the back panel for Angie's sweater... have more clearly defined the design for it and am renewed with excitement in regards to working on this sweater altogether.  
I have designed a micro/preemie hat ... still in the pattern testing stage but once completed will be offered for personal/ charitable use. 
I have been working on something for someone but am not at liberty to disclose any of the details at this time.

I managed a lovely visit at Phootsy's Yarn Cottage.  I  just love visiting this yarn shop ~ first off the owner Freddie Schuh ~ is a delight to converse with, secondly she has a way of making you feel so very welcome to pull up a chair and work on your project while you visit. Her displays just inspire me to take some time working on my projects!  She has beautiful yarns to purchase... this time I picked up  some lovely wool.  Yes you are right handwash lay flat ... did I have a brain freeze moment?  Did I just not read the label?  I  normally do not  consider fibers that need the extra care since I am Lazy and want my gifts (or anything for myself) to be easy care all the way.  But I just couldn't resist giving this yarn a try... it's Galway by Plymouth color  10 (it's a navy blue)  doesn't feel itchy as many wools that I have  petted has.  Soft and feels good  in  my hand ummm babies due  in November & in late January maybe a nice baby hat?  Something small  that can be easily hand washed? There is time yet to decide. 

This month's charity challenge had me searching out micro preemie & preemie hat patterns (hence my sudden play time which led to my own pattern)  ~  keep in mind I'm not at home so sharing a computer means sharing computer time so my search was split with everything else I try to accomplish on the computer (games, reading the comics, email, groups etc) but last night I came across the cutest knit hat for preemies & /or newborns that I can't wait to go home & try working  up.  Yes I know I know I know... but it is soooooooooooooo CUTE I had to  ask my daughter to hook me up with a copy of the  pattern so now I've got it I'm going to play.   I  found it through a search through patterns on Ravelry so join if you haven't  already  and search for : Christmas Tree Hat by Pattie Pierce Stone ~ it  is that cute that I want to make it in  the newborn size for  my sweetheart who is due to  arrive this November.  Of course I  have a lot of  projects in mind so I will have to really  pick & chose the  priority of them all :)  like I mind? LOL

We have gotten the baby's room partially settled, we have to double ck what clothes options exist so we will have a better idea what is needed.  So inventory sometime today or tomorrow.  Tuesday I would like to  pack & relax as much as possible with my daughter since I leave on Wed.

Okay time to  go make some breakfast ~ wishing you all a wonderful day ... may all of your projects be frogless and to God Be the Glory!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment