Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2009

So much is going on .... have you played with your hooks & yarn today?

I am home for now.  I do have a decent photo of the baby sweater I made for my new grandchild due this November.... just can't play with it right now perhaps before this week is through ;)

The excitement of visiting my dd & sil has slightly worn off ... like a slow fading away of the fun we had together ... leaving enough of a remnant of the feeling so that looking forward to my return visit builds some fresh excitement for that trip.   Continuing reports that all is well with my daughter keeps my outlook bright. Not knowing who is coming makes life more interesting in that we simply have to be prepared for both genders ~ but in my "own opinion" (which, let's face it really doesn't amount to much in this case since it's a 50 - 50 chance of being "right" or being "wrong" ... my opinion is that she's having a b.... admit it you wanted to fill that sentence in didn't you? ..... Baby is the correct answer ;)   I will tell you who arrived to join our family after they arrive so I can " know" who I'm announcing.

Baby things .... let's see a sweater for Carter (hey he was only born this past March so I'm not horribly late on his little gift am I?)  ... still selecting the right yarn & pattern ... too many ideas to settle on one just yet.   Will need a baby item or two for my new grandson due this January.  Yes my ddil has been told it's a boy!  Yay.  Friends of mine are expecting this November as well so I would like to make something especially for them ... if time permits I will. Keeping in mind that I need to create my granddaughter's shrug for her birthday.  We have decided to make that a "tradition" for my little sweetie. This will be her 4th 'birthday shrug' so I do want to make it really nice.  I think I found the stitch I want to do but I will see.

Then there are some more hats & scarves for Kathleen that are needed rather quickly so everything will be put aside in the hopes that I can get them started & completed fast! 

Combine all of that with doctor's appointments & various projects that have nothing to do with anything else & you find a fairly busy schedule can look daunting from time to time... I know I'm not nearly as busy as most of you are ... seriously I mean that.  I know there are many who hold down a full time job & some who also have a part-time job besides & they still manage to run their errands, and work on their projects that are just as important to them as mine are to me. So I mean this when I say take care of yourself.  Make time to get the rest you really need & also make sure to schedule in your crochet time~ it helps to reduce the stress in our lives (take a few deep cleansing breaths, don't hold your breath ~ let it all out) ....
Relax & enjoy your hooks & yarn.  Play with it & see what you can create.  Or pull out the pattern you've been wanting to make & get it going.  

I've had a good report ~ my "pressures" will be reduced ~ thanks to my recent weight loss.  And as I continue to lose the weight my "pressures" should be reduced at every 20 pounds off.  (for those of you who don't know this is all about my OSA & the treatment for it)

Speaking of weight loss ... I've lost the first 20 (which shouldn't have been there to begin with but without it I may not have gotten the help I needed) ... and 21 more besides!  For a total of 41 so far.  Almost every morning I get up & do my 30 minutes of Walk Away the Pounds the 2 mile walk.  Sometimes I "play" some more to keep the "fat burners" turned on.   Who knows that may be the main reason for the weight loss... but I doubt it.  Instead I really believe it is a combination of everything that I am doing right.  I get my sleep.  I get my "exercise" (okay "activity" if you insist LOL) ... and I eat right.  I enjoy my food very much.

Okay so it's time for bed but before I go I wanted to say I played with my hooks & yarn today & can't wait to play some more tomorrow.
Good night / Good morning ~ either way enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment