Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Cleaning, weight loss, crocheting & who knows what else?

Yes you read that right ~ cleaning!  LOL if you have read my blog at all you should have picked up on the fact that cleaning just isn't my "thing" LOL hehehe.  But when the living room looked like something had exploded & left the debris to rot it was beyond time to do something.  
Of course you know I didn't accomplish it all by myself.  Thank God for my wonderful husband.  I moved a lot of stuff, sorted & threw away what I could.  But he did almost all of the physical work that needed to be done.  He even went to my craft room (* the one that has yet to be organized) and cleaned up there so all my stuff from down here could be relocated up there.
The results are that I now have just a little more work to do in my living room but at least now if our granddaughters stop by they can sit & play (yeah before they couldn't sit in my living room due to all the stuff everywhere!)

Changing topic LOL ~ I can't wait to see the dietitian this morning.   I have lost 33 pounds thus far.  Granted one week I was ill with the "runs" and lost 9 pounds that week but over all I have steadily been losing and I"m so excited.    First off the whole "exercise" is key thing ... yep it's true.  Second the portion control ~ huge key to weight loss!  Now I don't pretend to know anything beyond my own experience with weight loss so please if you need to lose weight talk with your doctor first before starting any weight loss program, including any exercise program.  
So for me the "activity" of choice has been Walk Away the Pounds (Leslie Sanstone) I worked my way up to the 2 mile workout but have some days where I do the 1 mile workout.  I would like to get back to the pool come this winter for my water aerobics or aqua jogging ~ since that is my first "love" where activity is concerned ;) 
Portion Control ~ yes the measuring cups & spoons have been in full use along with a food scale. 
I feel so much more in control when I take the time to weigh &/or measure my food.  Also key for me has been since getting past the first week (and possibly part of week 2?)  I have no food cravings ~ no food mood swings to deal with.  It is an incredible feeling.  Free!  Free from the urge to eat everything in sight. Free from the desire to have chocolate every couple of hours.  Just free to be me.  I honestly believe this is the time I will reach my goals.  All of the other times I engaged in the weight loss battle I think I always held onto some doubt of my possible success.  This time I have no doubt that I will make it to my "ideal" weight ~ whatever that may be... since my current view of this weight loss journey is to lose 10% of my current body weight (which I already hit the first 10% goal) and once hitting that goal then to aim for the next 10% until I am at the weight I should be (and as I get closer to that weight I will be better able to decide on my ultimate goal with my doctor & my dietitian's help).   That is not to say that I don't have a number in mind it is simply the truth that I want to be realistic & as I lose this weight I may discover that the number I have in mind simply isn't the right number for me.  Why be set up for failure when there is no need to have that final goal decided upon at this time?   I'm taking the baby steps to this destination, no short cuts, no cheating along the way to reach the place I need to be instead simple direct and to the point goals that are reachable are my focus.

Ahh now to get to the best part of my blog ... the baby sweater I had started last year and had then set aside has been completed ~ & it is sooooooooo cute!   I love it and can't wait to bring it to Sarah.   I will take pictures & hope to post them before I leave if not at least I'm only going to be gone for 2 weeks this time.
I've completed the items for Kathleen & I even brought out the knitting ~ the sweater (back panel) for my friend Angie that I started 2 yrs ago I believe???  
I have several projects that must be started & completed soon so God willing I will manage to do them & I have a quilting project in mind so I need to be more organized with my time. 

I leave this Wed. & will be back in a couple of weeks so when I return I will share the highlights of my visit ~ we go to the 3-D ultrasound yay and I intend to stop by & visit with Freddie S. at Phootsy's Yarn Cottage while I'm in NC.  So many exciting things for me ... maybe not so exciting to you but for me they are exciting.   I will be able to see the new catalog that Discovery Toys has put out and see what new things they have that our grand children will be able to have lots of fun learning while they play.
Well the clock tells me I need to leave so I will say have a great day ~ may your projects be "frog free" and may the children in your life play joyfully with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment