Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm still around :)

Okay time for an update. First off I couldn't be happier. I have almost lost the 20 pounds I gained earlier this year. And as any of you who have tried to lose weight knows it goes on way easier (and Faster) than it goes off!
I have not experienced any drastic food cravings, I think whatever was happening to make me "food crazed" before has come to a complete stop (and that was within the first week) ~ now I simply figure out what I'm most hungry for and then see how it fits into my daily allotment of calories & carbs. Now my husband has read that it is more important to keep tabs on fat (saturated fats) along with the carbs becasue there are too many low to non carb choices out there that are very high in saturated fat!
What this all means is that together we have "embraced" this lifestyle. I am getting in my "activity" (simply put Exercise!!!) LOL by doing my walk away the pounds workout. I like that I can get up & turn it on any time I'm ready in the morning. Once done I can go about my day.
Also I have been really enjoying my fruits & veggies.

On a crochet note ... I'm sorry to report that I've been super lazy. I did make the beret & scarf for Kathleen... but I am lacking the baby sweater for Carter, and the completion of a baby sweater for my new grandchild due this November... and I need to make one for my grand baby due late Jan. (early Feb?).... so I need to get moving ~ the truth is my hands have been bothering me a bit and I have been lazy. Lazy Lazy Lazy!
I also need to get the shawl for my sister in law done... er, well , um... started! (& then done)
Not to forget the sweater for Angie that has been set aside & negelected. I need to get back to work on that!!!!
So I admitted my faults ... & am now making baby steps of progress on correcting them ~ how about you? You certainly do not need to confess anything to me but to yourself you do. You know what it is that you have put off repeatedly. Face it cause it is actually much easier to do it than to have to deal with it later. (like dusting off my mantle... ugh it would certainly have been much easier to do months ago when I first realized how dirty with dust it had become)
With that note .... I will leave you with this thought ...
May you find the strength you have within you all along is more than you need to accomplish that which you need to accomplish the most whether it be a crochet or other craft project, or losing weight, or increasing your activity level or cleaning your clutter.
May you have a "frog free" day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment