Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2008

After the accident ...


Here is what my car looked like after the accident... I was driving home (after my uncle's funeral we left his grave to go have a meal with the family & friends then I dropped my mom off at her home and headed home myself) ... waiting for the light to change I was driving straight opposite me a young woman was also waiting for the light to change... when the light went green she saw green & just went ahead with her plan of making a left hand turn at that intersection. Meanwhile I was driving straight. When I realized she wasn't stopping I veered to the right trying to avoid her hitting into me but that failed. She managed to hit my car and as the photo's show it will now need two new doors.
I'm fine. She is fine & her car does have some minor damage compared to mine. But the main thing is that cars can be fixed while people need to be okay & not need repairs after an accident!!! I pray that she is fine & will continue to drive only more aware of her surroundings.
I have a rental car so I can still get around however I will be changing it ... the one they had for me is one I really don't care for! It is a Dodge Caliber ... looks great, is brand new (only 3500 miles on it) however even though I am short (5'3") I hit my head getting in the low ceiling of this car... once in the driver's seat I can not see the front of the hood. I don't know about other drivers but I was taught to know my boundaries ~ that means I need to see the end of the hood both on the left & on the right front. I can't see any of the hood basically in this "car". I shouldn't have taken this one home but I honestly felt better to have something in case of an emergency then nothing at all. Now I don't want to drive it even in an emergency. Hopefully one of the cars that I would be more comfortable driving will be returned & ready for me today really soon :)
So I guess that counts as my review of the Dodge Caliber ... I wouldn't want it but you might like it... after all everyone is different.
Looking ahead ... I plan on sharing my photo's (some that is after all I took 3500 pictures while I was away & upon review the first 100 outdoor pictures I took were no good. They were all blurry ~ which you can understand since I took them in a moving boat!) and as brief a write up of my trip as I can manage (LOL if you've been reading my blog then you know I write the way I talk ... so basically wordy ~ although I have been trying I promise you to keep it to the facts & really important info only). I also hope to have a photo of my shrug ... it is now at a stand still since I have to decide just how I want to proceed ~ I have the back exactly as I wanted it so that is excellent and that is all you'd see when I finally get the photo taken to share w/you. I have something in mind for the sleeves however I just haven't worked out the execution of that idea yet.
Wishing you all frog free projects & accident free driving!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment