Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

TY for comments/ & Hello I"m home again!!!!

I have returned safely home again. And I just browsed the blog here for comments to see if I should get back to my writing ... and I want to thank Sherri & anonymous & Jaye for your comments. I have so much to share with you all. I will have to try & organize my photo's & my narratives. But as always I would love to do my best to help anyone with their crocheting so Jaye and anyone else reading who has a ? for me regarding crochet I will do my best to answer you so you can progress with your projects. But I can't help anyone if I don't know what you need help with so please feel free to contact me or leave a comment. Once I'm aware of your need I will do my best to help.

Also need to share two baby patterns that I recently worked up and loved! While I was visiting with my daughter I completed the baby afghan, and made a small receiving sized blanket that will fit over a carseat just right if needed, also a hat, and a newborn sized sweater & another baby sweater to leave with her. I will make more things now that I'm home & bring them with me in March. Also since I am aware of at least 6 women all expecting between late Nov. & March I will be in baby mode for my crocheting projects. While with my daughter I did make 2 other baby sweaters but due to my way of thinking they will go to someone else (my thought is that it will be too warm where they live by the time the baby could actually use the sweaters so I'd rather make more size/ age / weather appropriate items).



I got both patterns from Bev's Country Cottage ... the first one is a hexagon baby sweater ... it is so easy and quick and I loved working it up! The second one is Toni's newborn sweater ... it too is very easy & quick to work up. I'm working on a second one right now but had to modify the pattern to accomodate the yarn I'm using. The pattern is really easy to follow however I decided to make this one with a size 3 cotton so I had to increase my beginning stitches to equal the size made when worked using a 3 ply baby yarn with a size K hook ... I'm also working with a size F hook with the cotton so once I managed to get the length correct I had to work 2 rows to equal 1 row in the pattern to match the height of the stitches. So right now I am almost half way through this baby sweater & I love how it looks.



Then I could not be in Jacksonville, NC and not visit with Freddie!!!! She has moved and is considering changing her yarn store's name from Phootsy's Yarn Cottage to something else. She is now located in downtown Jacksonville NC at the corner of Chaney & Ruth and I pray she has increased business due to all the work involved in making the change of location. I showed her the things I had been busy making while with my daughter. She loved the hexagon baby sweater & went to see Bev's site & the original & that lead to the real original and we were amazed at how easy this pattern is and you can trim it anyway you want to. I have made this sweater in 4 ply ww acrylic yarn, and in 3 ply sport weight yarn and in size 3 cotton yarn. Loved all 3 of them. My daughter has the cotton one & I will be giving away the other two here in the Northeast where I believe someone will get better use out of them.



Okay so back to work ... so much to do & so little time!!!! Also need to get my photo's organized and posted this week. In the meantime here are the links to the patterns I mentioned



http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/tonis-newborn-sweater.html



http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/hexagon-jacket.html



Go check them out & see if you don't enjoy the easy way they work up. I'll try to post my pictures of them soon.

As always wishing you all froggy free days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment