Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baby items












Gender Neutral please ... we want to be surprised! So using the green (I know the picutres make it look blue but trust me it is a mint green) and yellow & white yarn that my daughter purchased I made the baby blanket & then the smaller one with the left over yarn. Then I used the left over yarn from both of those for something not pictured here yet. I used the left over yellow & green TLC yarn (3 ply sport weight) for the newborn baby sweater (the one I mentioned the other day Toni's Newborn sweater found at Bev's Country Cottage ck out yesterday's post for the link to the pattern) so the green for the sleeve switch to yellow for the body when it was time to work the back I switched back to the green then back to the yellow and then back to the green for the second sleeve ... & I love it! .... and I used the size 3 thread I picked up in Italy to make the yellow & red (I know it looks orange!!! but that is the red next to the goldenrod yellow making it appear orange) ... hexagon sweater & I simply trimmed it plainly since my daughter thought the post stitches made the sleeves too puffy & therefore too girly looking.
And if you caught the little green hat in the photo showing the above mentioned items all together good eye! Yes I used the Lime TLC for the newborn sweater & for the hat (I designed it but am not sure it is ready for sharing ... I may need to fine tune it just a bit.)
I do have more pictures to share (and as we all know I haven't even posted any of my Italy pictures yet... Yet being the operative word here) ....
Anyway for today let's be satisfied with what we have :)
Wishing you all frog free projects!!!!
(Oh yeah my car looks like new I should show you an after picture ... but it's been cold, rainy & even some snow flakes (big wet ones that I dislike so very much) so no pictures of my car have been taken & to be honest I probably won't get around to it any time soon. So suffice it to say & to know my car has been repaired beautifully. )
Okay really going now ... have crocheting at the library this afternoon (and I boldly told two young ladies that I expect to see them there this afternoon to learn how to crochet ~ one has a little one & the other is expecting!)
I hope they both show up... I'm off to gather crochet supplies :)


No comments:

Post a Comment