Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Baby Afghan on my hook :) & some "food for thought"

Yes I want to do the baby sweater and the baby dress and I so want to figure out just how I want to finish my sweater for myself but the yarn it calls to me and it speaks very loud & clear that it wants to be worked up into an adorable baby afghan!  So it has begun ... the magic ring has been cast and the first two rounds of an "Anne's Square" has been worked.   Tomorrow the contrast color will be worked for round 3 and then I will have to decide just exactly how I want to work this afghan up... I already have ruled out one giant granny ~ but I am not sure if I want to keep it to small squares joined as I go or larger squares joined together after I complete them ... if I want to work all the same square or if I want a really nice contrast ~   I only know it will be decided tomorrow and it will be designed with love.  And it will be worked with prayer and love in every stitch for a baby that is loved before it arrives to join our family as it has already captured our hearts.
Then the joy of playing with the previously mentioned baby patterns will be all mine!!!

When I think of how much God loves us and how He gives us  precious gifts such as children to love I am always struck with this thought ~   how is it possible that we start out with an ease of faith and yet lose the ability to believe at very young ages?  
God Loves YOU ~ do you know it?  Do you Believe it?  Will you bask in it?  Will you accept it?  Will you share it?  What will you do with it?  

My grandchildren are so loved by us and yet I've already seen how they have gone from accepting what we tell them to questioning us.  Often I hear "Is that true?"  ~     I've also noticed how many times I end up saying, "Don't you believe me?"  and then wondering how many times God is saying that very thing to me ... is He saying that to you as well?

We are all on borrowed time here on earth but that does not mean that our life is over or our journey ends it simply means that we move on to the next place and continue the journey that is ours to complete with HIM.
I Believe!
I Await His Return!
I will carry on and do my best to keep Trust in the forefront and doubts and fears banished from my thinking!!!!

As we see this year coming to an end may I encourage you to stop and think, even if only for a moment, about how Great Gods Love is for  YOU.  Bask in the fact that His Love is real and that He wants to see you through whatever challenge you may face today.
May you be blessed with Truth, Strength, Courage, and Wisdom and may you find Peace, Joy, and Self Control along with Love flooding your heart, mind & soul ... Filling your home with the ability to LIVE in LOVE :)

:)  Peace out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment