Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2011

Home again home again Jiggity Jig :)

Here is a picture of one of the harbor seals that I managed to see & capture several photos of while I was in Howth, Ireland (north of Dublin).   
Yes you read that correctly.  I was in Dublin, Ireland for 3 nights in late Oct. (yes of this year) and then I was in Venice, Italy for 2 nights, followed that with 2 nights in Rome, Italy & followed that with 2 weeks in our cousins home in Francavilla al Mare ~ which is near Pescara.   God has blessed me with the opportunity to see a little bit of Ireland (Lord willing I will be blessed again with an opportunity to see more of Ireland in the future???)  


I loved visiting with family ~ it's always interesting to work out our communication. I do not speak any Italian.  They speak some English but when we seem to hit difficulties out comes the dictionary or better yet we get on the computer and type and translate through a translation program she has on her computer.  "Ma" would be so pleased to know we've managed to visit with her family. And for the record although Tiziana is taller than "Ma" she truly reminds me of my sweet grandma :)   


But as with all vacations they come to an end and one must return to their "real life".   In my case returning home was not to my "same old same old" but instead it included my home being transformed into a "full house" while I was away.   Not that I'm complaining!  I'm so blessed to see 2 of  my precious grandsons daily now that they are living with us, along with their parents.    
In case you were wondering (you were wondering, weren't you?? of course you were ;p )  going from an empty nest to a full house is... different to be sure.  Thankfully we are all adjusting just fine.  


It is my hope to get back to blogging more consistently. The current project on my hook is a shrug/sweater?  for me!  I started it on Oct. 22 and it is very close to being finished.  I just have to work on the remainder of the sleeves and then trimming it all around and decide if I'm adding a snap or button or if I'm leaving it open.  
Decisions decisions :)  oh how I love them ;)
Happy crocheting & may your projects be "frog free"  (rip-it rip-it)

No comments:

Post a Comment