Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

In the Midnight Hour ...

Here I sit waiting on a batch of muffins to finish baking and can't stop thinking ... In the Midnight Hour ... and what it seems to mean to me.
I find that no matter how exhausted I may feel as the midnight hour approaches that that is exactly the time when I draw so much closer to God.  In my thought life, in my spirit, in my whole being I find I am drawn to deep conversation with my Lord.   Tonight the thoughts revolve completely around life and death and what it means to me as a child of God.   There are a few factors that help this topic of thought.  First is the fact that yesterday I attended a funeral and it so drove home the anniversary of my own father's passing.  Secondly is the fact that I've signed up to share during Adult Education (aka Sunday School )  on the topic of," Being Children of God."

So many various thoughts run through my mind when I think of what it means to be a child of God.  To begin with the idea strikes my fancy that we are not "infants" therefore we are not "babies" and that indicates we are responsible for our choices, our actions, our words and even our thoughts.  As babies we are so totally not capable of making the choices for ourselves therefore someone else is responsible for our complete care.  As a child of God we can be totally dependent on HIM however we are responsible for our actions, our choices etc etc ...  

Recently our daughter & son in love (law) along with our 2 yr. old & almost 4 month old grandsons moved in to our home. One day during this past week, while I was thinking about just how to present the concept of being Children of God to the class, my grandson got "busy" taking care of "business" (if you catch my drift) ... so his mother asked him if he had "gone" or did he need to use the potty?  
This made me think ~   Do we think we can hide our "stink" from God?  Do we think if we just "hide" behind something and "do our business" that He won't smell our "mess"?  

If we are children of God then we should mature past the "toilet training" and recognize our own stench.

Yes that is what has been on my mind lately.   But I want to go back to the first reason for my thoughts about the midnight hour.

My friends' dad passed away and his funeral service was Friday morning. I understood how my friend felt having "lost" my dad 14 yrs ago today.  Yes time has passed swiftly and yet my father is not forgotten.   And the more I age (hopefully gracefully???)  the more I think about the things of heaven more so than the things of this earth.   After all this earth is not our "HOME"!!  
My friend's dad was well known.  He was very well loved.  He was a man who you could depend on, who you could turn to in your time of need. He was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, brother, uncle, friend.   But even with all that to be said about him he was a man in need of a savior.  My friend had been praying for him to accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior and had many family and friends praying for him as well.  Thankfully about a month before he died he had accepted Jesus as His personal Lord and Savior.  Ensuring that his eternal home is with God forever and ever without end!!!!   This brings children of God great joy, for we all understand the importance of the decision he has made.  If you have not made this decision for yourself  then I encourage you to do so ~ you can't be an "infant" and expect someone else to make this decision for you.  If you need more information ask God to reveal Himself to you more fully, and read a Holy Bible,  or go speak with a minister, a preacher, a church goer, or feel free to leave me a comment asking for more information.  I do not claim to know everything but I will do my best to answer you from the Word of God.  

Yes it is that important and yes YOU DO Mean that Much to ME... because YOU MEAN THAT MUCH TO GOD!!!!

So as I sit here with my muffins smelling very tasty, and my heart rejoicing over the fact that this is not all there is to living and dying ... for in dying we merely pass from our fleshly body setting our spirit free to join God in Heaven.  Yes we mourn the loss of our loved ones because we miss them but we have a hope of joining them when it is our turn to leave this earthly home.  That hope is there for you too all you need to do is become a child of God.    Repent of your sin, (we are all born with sin and all fall short of the Glory of God) Believe on Jesus Christ (the Son of God who died to take away the sins of the world),  Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord & Savior.   Grow in the Lord ... read the Holy Bible (Gods Word) and pray for God to reveal Himself to you daily, and take time to "listen" to the Holy Spirit as He guides you in a closer walk with God.

May your "Midnight Hour" bring you peace, joy and fresh revelation of Gods love, grace and mercy.   Good Night & God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment