Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Monday, November 10, 2008

The finish line is in sight ...

So I have only to work the second sleeve since I have officially finished the body of the sweater. Once I have that done I will trim it all around and be happy. Meanwhile I began another infant sweater using the Hexagon pattern ... I think I used to small of a hook with my sport weight yarn but my thought is if I did then I will have to work it a few extra rounds before folding and joining etc. Mainly white with a yellow stripe and then will trim in yellow. Right now out of the 6 or 7 babies being expected (I think I'll hear of one more or I've lost count somehow) I know two will be "surprise" since the parents don't want to know in advance, then I've been told the one due soon is a boy, and out of the rest I've heard that 2 are expecting girls. So I will make some thing more "boyish" in color tones and even though I am using white & yellow I think it will be something that can work for either gender. Anyway I had an hour's drive yesterday morning where I was a passenger so I brought along the white & yellow yarn & my E hook ... since then I have noticed that the pattern called for a G hook (I think) so we'll see just how small my infant sweater turns out ... thankfully I have 2 dolls to try baby items on to get a feel for what size to call the finished item. (one is small like a newborn baby and the other is approximately the size of a 3 to 6 month old baby) I am fairly certain this little sweater will be infant sized (meaning newborn) I have the first motif worked to the 7th round so far and the second motif is at 5 rounds waiting for me to get done with the white so I can get back to it & finish is off too. Everyone was wactching me and asking what are you working on now? (I love that ... never get tired of telling people what I'm making)

So the drive ... my mom had donated a tree in my dad's memory and the chruch in Northville was having a memorial service and following that service they were dedicating the trees in memory of the loved ones who have gone on ahead of us. It was very nice from beginning to end. It allowed me to get the 2 motifs to the 5th round on the drive there & back.

Okay need to get the infant sweaters done so I can start on Kyla's sweater and snuggle (which I still need to go shopping for the yarn) when I asked Kyla what 2 colors did she like the first thing she said was, "pink & red" then when I asked her what other 2 colors she liked she seemed to have colors paired off ... black and (almost any color here) yellow and green orange and yellow orange and black ... and the list went on ... so basically I can pick any two colors that will work well together and she will be happy. Of course the main thing on her mind is that I find her a wand for her birthday. A princess wand and not some small baby one either but a nice one in a nice size. She told grandpa all about a pink scooter that she thinks is so cute and she would like it so he's shopping for a pink scooter. I think we need to go to the store & find it and see if it is really something a 4 yr. old should be playing on/with.
I really do need feed back ... if you have any questions about crocheting I will do my best to answer!
Wishing you all a frog free day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment