Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What a difference a day makes & sad news...

So I have no updates on my crocheting. Yes I am still busy with many projects but nothing to report on for this post. My last post came before my heart breaking news. When I returned from my most enjoyable time with my friend (we had lunch & then crocheted the afternoon away at the library) I had spoken with my daughter. She was telling me how she had not felt the baby move so she had gone to the doctor. They could not find the baby's heartbeat, and the ultrasound confirmed that the baby was "gone". The shock and anger and denial was strong and furious feelings... emotions I didn't know I had ran through me and all I could think of was if I felt like this how in the world did my daughter & son in love feel? Needless to say we were all greatly distressed by this news. On Friday Sarah was induced and the baby was delivered, they were able to hold him and kiss him and tell him they loved him and say their goodbyes. They gave him a name. Joshua Paul. He was already 1lb. 6 ounces & 12 & 1/2 inches long. (She was 23 weeks along.) He will never be forgotten. They took photos, we don't have to wonder what he looked like because we can see how incredibly precious he truly was. His hands & feet, all 10 fingers & toes. He is safe with Jesus and will never feel any pain or know any distress or sorrow, and he'll be there when we arrive. The emotions are not as raw right now and so I can share this news with you.

I went to a beginners quilting class on Sat. morning at my church and I am making my first quilting project. It will be a memorial wall hanging. I have my 9 patch square ready for embroidery. Now I need to design & layout my embroidery portion of this project. I believe I want his name in the center sq. with the date & weight & inches. (if it will all fit nicely there) then the four corners will have something embroidered on them. I just have to make the final decision as to what I want where & then get to stitching. Once that is done I can then add the lightweight batting and the back (which will be a solid piece of fabric matching one in the square) and then I am supposed to "quilt it" which is the fun part I guess. I will learn what to do when I'm done with my stitching.

What a difference a day makes. And all the life & love & emotions that are wrapped up in each day is a gift we should not take for granted. We should make the best & the most out of each day we have since we have not been promised tomorrow.
Wishing you all frog free projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment