Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Crochet Update... yay :)

Finished the items Kathleen requested. However I did "change" something. I have made the scarflet that she has requested each time basically the same with very minor differences based on the "personality of the yarn". And don't tell me you haven't noticed that some natural fibers have a "personality of their own" because I know most of you if you've worked with any natural fibers you've seen this for yourself! Anyhoo ... I really took Kathleen's concern about the amount of yarn required to make both the beret & the scarf into consideration. I really have no control over how much yarn is used for the beret.
I made the first one and just did not trim it the way I ususally do (which I think it looks fine but I don't know how she will react to no scalloped edging) as it turned out I had so little yarn left that I did not think I would manage to make a flower that she also prefers. So now I had both berets finished and was looking at the yarn to make the second scarflet (scarflet by the way is a short scarf that you wear close around your neck either held together with a button or the "button hole" is large enough for you to pull the other end of the scarf through) ... ~ I decided what did I have to lose? I would design a new one that hopefully used less yarn to complete while hopefully still being "cute" enough to please Kathleen. (after all it is her yarn & she asked for the other scarflet) .... so I hope to see her soon in order to give her these items & see how she reacts to the changes I've made. As for the flowers to adorn her scarflets ... I did manage to have just enough of the dark brown left to make two small loopy style flowers and on the second one I added the last of the first yarn and worked a very small round to make that flower "match" the scarflet it was being sewn onto. I am not sure how she will react but I hope it pleases her in the end.

With these projects finished I can now concentrate on the baby sweaters I need to make and also see if I can write out the pattern for the one I want to design. I still need to write out the pattern for the scarflet & flower I made today.

I need to get back to some of my other long term projects like my shrug and Angie's sweater!!!! I want them to be finished soon before I get all distracted and the shawl/wrap I want to make for my sil ... I will see if it's possible for me to get these finished and off my "to do" list sometime soon. :)

Wishing you all frog free days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment