Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's ??

So today is April 1st. Also referred to as April Fools Day as long as I can recall. Personally I do not go in for all the April Fool's day gags, jokes, and pranks however if you can think of a really clever one & manage to pull it off then I can appreciate it.

I am not all that clever, nor would my execution of any of the pranks, gags or jokes be smooth enough to pull it off without a hitch! Instead of making lame jokes or a miscalculated prank I'm better off just ignoring the whole "April Fool's Day stuff" and concentrate on the important things happening around me. For example I have completed the second hat for Kathleen & need to get the scarves finished. I have one made without it's trim or flower and the second one is not even on the hook yet. So I must get to work on that. Then there is the charity challenge for this month ~ Blankets for Deployed Daddies... the idea is you make a specific sized baby blanket using a specific yarn & pattern they send your blanket to a daddy who is deployed to sleep with for a week so that their scent is now in the blanket he sends it to his wife so their baby can sleep with it & learn his scent. I think that this is sooooo cool!!! So I have this project waiting for my attention. Then there is the ever desired snuggle requested by my lovely granddaughter & she has been waiting for about a year now... I finally purchased the correct yarn for this and have actually started it but set it aside as there are more pressing projects to work on (see above mentioned scarves for Kathleen!!!) Not to mention I still have 2 outstanding baby projects to begin since they were expected (by me) to be completed long before today!!!

Oh so many things & yet I am so behind on their progress. But today I am really excited because I will be visiting my niece & nephew & their newborn my "great nephew" this morning. I am so happy for them & can't wait to hold this beautiful boy.

So I'm off to get ready for my visit and to get my projects lined up for working on when I return home.

Wishing you all a prank free & frog free day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment