Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2009

It's Friday but Sunday's Coming ....

Technically that "title" is true but not in the sense that I want to discuss. You see Resurrection Sunday (you may think of it as Easter) is coming. And I'm thinking about a really great sermon about how it was Friday (when Jesus died), but Sunday (the day He was Resurrected) was coming ~ we can go through so many "Fridays" in our life where we really need to be encouraged that Sunday is on the way. When Jesus died for our sins that Friday, his disciples must have felt terribly alone, and confused. You see they didn't know what we know about the Resurrection Power that was coming until Sunday when they discovered He had risen from the dead & was no longer held in that tomb. So when we face our worst day or night that may equal a "Friday" experience but we can hold on to the fact that Sunday is coming.

Of course if you do not have a relationship with God, do not believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead you will have your "Friday" experiences and be stuck with little or no hope of a resurrection Sunday on the way. I don't know how you will get through your difficulty without the strength of a faith built on God's mercy & grace. For me I could not survive without my faith in God, nor in my ability to Trust Him with everything.

Yeah I know this may sound "preachy" however if I have this great relationship and never share it with you then how would you ever know about it? How would you know that you could ask me why I believe, and know that I would tell you about the many times when I needed God to see me through & HE did! How when I thought I could handle things myself, in my own strength & how I got to the place where I made stupid choices that left me feeling alone & confused and as if I had managed to get so far away from Him that I did not think I could ever find my way back into His grace. Yet in all of my stupidity God never left me alone. He simply stayed by my side and let me see how my choices were really self destructive. And He waited until I admitted that I really did not like what I was doing & how I was behaving, how I was feeling & how far I had run from Him. Then He let me open my eyes to the truth that He never left me. That He did not like my choices either but that He still loved me. HE Loved me enough to forgive me when I confessed my sins and repented of my wicked ways. And now I know that for me those areas of my life that I was weak in before I am now much stronger and can lean on HIM to resist the tempations that may come my way.

I don't share that to sound as if I've "arrived" at perfection. Rather I share that to say I know how difficult it can be to stand firm daily in my faith. And that God provides the strength I need in order stand firm when I lean on HIM. When I lean on myself I fail to get through the day.

The truth is we have friends who we can call on no matter what time of day or night & know that they will be there for us. God is that friend to me. He is always there for me. No matter what.
And He is who I want to lean on first & foremost.
So as I sit here thinking of this upcoming celebration of Christ's Resurrection I pray that all of you have a relationship with the Savior of the world. That you know you can have eternal life with God. That you can face your "fridays" with the hope of the Sunday to come.

Wishing you all a very blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment