Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

Sleep Over accomplished

Everything went well on Sat. I managed to have only one small amount of stitching left on my quilt front. Class went nicely. I learned that you can actually accomplish a project in the 2 hours allotted for the class if you actually make the 9 patch and then simply sew it to the batting (which would then be called machine quilting!!!) then add the back panel ~ right sides together trim edges if needed (but you should be sewing about 1/4 inche all around so shouldn't need much in the trimming department... when sewing around you should leave the center section of the last "side" unsewn so that you can turn (pull ) right sides out. Then make sure your corners are all pulled (pushed) out and stuff with either a pillow form or with fiberfil. Sew last section. Very pretty pillow!!!
But since I chose to embrioder on my 9 patch the teacher, Sandra, suggested I get a heart traced on my 4 unadorned squares to use the sewing machine and sew the front panel to the batting. Only I decided that I would like the hearts better if they were "stuffed". I used some left over fabric, cut into 4 pieces approximately the same size, folded all 4 and cut out a heart shape. They were a little too big so folded them all again & cut again. I thought they were perfect, Sandra helped me pick out a stitch on my sewing machine to sew them to the panel. Once I finished that I had to very carefully pull the hearts away from the panel in order to place a small slit in the back of them so I could stuff them with fiberfil. All I can say is that made my 9 patch come alive (in my opinion) ... I really like how it looks. So as class was ending I put my work away & have my "finishing instructions" from the teacher. I chose to do several things to the front of my "quilt" so now in order to attach the batting to the panel I need to use some random stitches here & there. When I manage to finish the work on this I will post pictures.

Picked up my sweet heart for our sleep over date. She was all excited. We played a couple of games while papa made dinner. Dinner was fun. More games. Snack time. Followed by getting ready for bed. Watched a movie. Snack time again. Brush teeth and get settled in bed. Told her some stories so she would settle down. Her on the air mattress, me in my recliner.
She was very happy to know that I would be right there if she needed me for anything.
Sleep was so very peaceful. For a little while anyway. She got up needing a drink, then potty time. Got back to bed. Back to sleep. But at 4 am she was standing right in front of me ~ startled me awake. She climbed up & snuggled in my arms to tell me that I was snoring so loudly it scared her. So she is snuggling & I'm dozing off only to hear, "there's that sound again".
Me snoring. She was so excited about all the things we were going to do when we "woke" up but she couldn't settle back down to sleep. And everytime I dozed off she woke me up because my snoring was loud and scary. The day went well & we returned her home safe & sound & a bit tired ;-) so she told her mom about how I snored and how loud it was LOL. Her mom said well I guess you didn't sleep very well on your sleep over & she piped up with no I slept great it was a great sleepover and I want to do it again. Sweet heart she can come anytime but next time papa is sleeping in the recliner! (He snores sometimes but if he does it is usually on the light side.) And God willing my CPAP machine will be here & all set up before she sleepsover again.

My son turned 30. My love bug slept over & all went well. Sunday after church we went to my other son's home for dinner and the girls all got to play togther. Ate a wonderful meal. Then brough her home. Got home ourselves and fell asleep. So getting back on "schedule" hopefully today.

Wishing you all frog free projects & restful/ peaceful days.

No comments:

Post a Comment