Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Monday, March 23, 2009

Sleep update / crochet update/ life update ...

Ahhhh Choo!!! yep I've been sneezing. I am a bit confused, but what else is new?? I never understood how important humidity could be to one's health. Too much is often not good & too little or none is not good. I've lived in my home for 21 yrs (this May) and our oil furnace is forced hot air & no humidifier on the furnace ~ makes for one dry environment. I've survived these past 21 yrs. with sinus issues on & off during the winters. Now that I've finally come to understand the importance of getting on top of my sleep apnea and dealing with the therapy for it I'm learning that humidity or the lack thereof is a bigger factor to my well being then I ever realized.
You see the machine that sends the positive airway pressure is drawing the air from my room (my environment) through a filter, into the machine & through the hose into the nasal mask I wear to sleep. This air is what I breathe in during my sleep. If it is too dry it will cause me to be too "dry" in my sinuses etc. So between the "vendor" as my doctor has called them & my doctor I am very confused. My vendor tells me that I need my doctor to prescribe the machine & my doctor tells me that he wrote a generic prescription because he is not in the business of selling machines. So between the two of them I am left wondering what went wrong??? Since the vendor has an idea of which machine might best meet my needs he should have brought that one to me instead of one he felt might not be able to handle my humidity needs based on my pressure settings. Not knowing who to believe has given me a headache.

Waking up in the early hours of the day (anywheres from 3 to 4 a.m.) is not my idea of good sleep. I'm certainly not ready to begin my day at that hour. But I have had to add water to my water tank on my machine every morning when I awaken at that time. Since we bought a room humidifier and have it set up a few feet from my machine I really hoped that it would help but there hasn't been any improvement. Anyway I will have a new machine on Wed. to try this all again & hope & pray that finally we will have the "right fit" for my needs.

I've been going to the pool M-F and doing my best to move in the water and get my weight under control. I'm huge ~ & for me this weight ~which I do realize is just a number on a scale~ is way too large a number in my opinion. I don't like how I feel, nor do I wish to "learn to live with it" anytime soon. I want to see it begin to go down & continue on the downward path until it reaches the best "number" for me. (Only God knows what that number is but I promise you it is not the number I've been seeing when I do step on the scale!!!)

So God willing as my sleep apnea gets treated & brought under control so will my weight. I'm trying to make the best choices every time I have to decide what to eat. When I want to make brownies & can talk myself out of doing that & chose to eat fruit instead I think I'm on the right track ... the only problem is I have no idea how long I can continue to make the right choice. So far though I have managed not to make the brownies for a week now.

As for my crochet update ... still need to complete the items for Kathleen (too tired) and for the baby gifts (again too tired) ~ but while playing online I came across a beautiful afghan pattern that I thought you all would enjoy ~ even if you never want to make it for yourself or for a gift it is so beautiful you should enjoy seeing it! Check it out & let me know if you agree.

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/atw.html

Now here is another link from happy yellow house that you may enjoy ~

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/crochet.html

I love the free patterns here & thought you migh enjoy them too!

Now please leave comments ~ you can ask me anything ...you can share anything you can agree or disagree but seriously I'm wondering how to survive with a comment here or there every couple of months!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment