Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Monday, March 9, 2009

Lots of "New" things here ...

So much to say & where to begin??? Okay first my friend Heather had her baby girl Abigail on Sat. (I haven't had a chance to see her yet but knowing her parents I'd bet she's one beautiful baby)... thankfully the baby shower is in April so I have time to finish her gift. (I'm so close to finishing the baby afghan it should be soon.)

Oh I've started back to the YWCA ... which means I'm back in the water!!!!! I can't tell you how much I missed being in the pool. It's been way too long. I'll just leave it at I had a gain of 13 pounds with out my exercise. So first thing this morning I was back & I was in the water for 2 hours. Being in a pool is heavenly to me.

But the big news is my bi-PAP machine. First off when they advise you to allow 6 to 8 weeks to adjust to the use of it, they aren't kidding! So I would not describe this as the "honeymoon" phase ... it's more like the love/hate relationship just before the wedding due to all of the wedding details that can drive a couple totally insane.... I woke up from my second sleep study feeling very strange & weird to the point where my only way to describe it was I felt as if my brain were 'awake' or very alert... something I had not felt in a very long time. So I think that made me believe I would feel that way automatically once I started using my machine at home.
Well let's be honest here ... in the sleep center my sleeping was all monitored & if I needed more air pressure or less it was being controlled by the technician down the hall. Here at home the machine is set to the setting prescribed for me. However the truth is this adjustment period is to see if this machine & this setting is the right "fit" for me & my needs.

As for the use of the machine it's not too bad ... I will need to decide where I'm sleeping and set it up & leave it there ... I can't just fall asleep anymore without thinking about where I want to sleep & how I'll be able to set up my machine. You see any "planned sleep" including naps is to be done with the use of the machine. So it does present me with the need to "think" before I "sleep" ... which if that doesn't make you laugh ... WAKE UP it was too funny!!! But since I've been waking up with a terrible back ache (weight gain but don't tell my hubby I've been blaming the bed) I chose to sleep in my recliner and oh my I slept!!!!! I slept all night through!!!! Okay you may not realize this but I haven't slept the whole night through since I can remember. I slept last night from 11 to 4:45 am. For me that is a really big deal. I felt like I wanted more time with the machine so opted to go back to sleep for 45 minutes longer and when I got up at 5:30 I felt good. Not Great. But really good, and even now after having gone to spend 2 hours walking in the pool I'm not tired. That is really Big news for me ... after years of waking up tired and any activity where I would feel good afterwards was always followed by the need for a nap I'm really excited that I'm seeing this kind of improvement so quickly.
On the down side I did notice my sinuses are much drier than usual and I'm just concerned about this leading into any kind of sinus infection. The machine I'm using does have a humidifier but it doesn't stop the air pressure from drying me out this I've learned really fast. My view is that I'd much rather deal with the dryness than go back to not having real restful sleep.

Okay that's boring ... the class at the bead store was so cool! I made 2 bracelets. I could have actually completed a 3rd & begun a 4th but I really don't work with my wire often enough to have my hands /fingers in shape to have worked on it much longer. The other ladies who came to the class were making their bracelets and most had 3 done by the time I was leaving. Pictures to come ... I haven't had a chance to take them yet.
I loved the class & I will admit I think the larger beads would have been a bit better I used small ones & they look great but the others made theirs with larger beads & they just looked better (imo) and I think they worked up a little bit faster (just a bit) ...

Okay running out of things to share ... will continue to let you know what's going on with the sleep apnea/ bi-Pap machine ... and the love / hate relationship.

Wishing you all frog free projects & real restful sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment