Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Works for Me Wed. ~ yay!

So I try to "enlighten" myself by reading other blogs that share what works or doesn't work for them and really enjoy reading Jill's blog ~ she seems to always share something interesting & since I'm a grandma to 3 adorable girls she often has things to share that I can relate to even though my children have all flown the coop. Reading her blog today & seeing the games she has recommended inspired me to share our favorite toys/games source as well. Discovery Toys has educational toys & games geared for all ages from birth to adult. I know that they have been around for 30 years & that their goal is customer satisfaction.


I know because I had called regarding an item purchased that needed a new piece & they sent one out no questions asked. Another thing I have found that amazes is me is that I have purchased several of their games and play them with my granddaughters. The one I absolutely love is Flip Flop Faces, but as I bring my games for play time with the girls they always want to play with the Meausre Up Cups. These cups are for 12 months & up ~ but they have so many ways to be used that they can easily be for children in elementary school! My 2 yr. old sees me & always says Cuppie Cuppie ... we take the smallest cup & hide it under the larger ones & we take turns with who hides it & finds it. She is really good at this game & enjoys it very much I can't wait to play with her outside so I can show her the basic math skills these cups help you teach your children. The other game I bring I use with my 4 yr. old granddaughter (I can't wait to play it with her cousin who is 3 so I will be patient a little longer) it's recommended for 5 + yrs. & it teaches & reinforces basic math skills of addition & subtraction. Kyla & I will go sit at the table & play game after game, and often her little sister will join us & watch while we add or subtract.
We alternate between them and I always ask her which one she wants to play. She loves it! This is a great way to bond over math & have fun doing it... she is starting Kindergarten this fall.


So many games so many options however one really great thing about their games/ toys is that they also make their products with every need in mind. If your child has special needs you would be surprised at the options they can provide for you to be able to play with your child in an educational way. Just ask a Discovery Toys Educational Consultant about your child's needs & what toys & games are best suited for them. (If you don't know a DTEC you can always ask my daughter Sarah for suggestions.)

Wishing you all fun filled & frog free projects :)

No comments:

Post a Comment