Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Things I Love Thursday ~ Abreva

Abreva is expensive (to my budget anyway) at $16 or more per tiny little tube. (And I do mean tiny). However if you suffer from cold sores like I have then you may find out like I did what a Godsend this tiny tube of medicine can be. I was driving home from I don't remember (church meeting?) and as I was driving I noticed the first pain of a beginning cold sore. I called my husband to tell him I was stopping at the drug store to find out if there was anything that really workded. Prices were outrageous. I actually asked a pharmacist for help in selecting one of the choices before me. I was told Abreva was supposed to work but only if you caught the cold sore at the immediate first sign of it. If you missed that initial first sign & used Abreva on the cold sore it basically wouldn't help.

I spent the money on it because I believed I was at the very first sign of the cold sore. I really wanted it to work. I was surprised when it did work. I am happy to report I purchased that tiny tube of medicine at least 2 yrs ago. I still have medicine in it & I have used it to reduce the life span of many cold sores. You see you really are instructed to use a very tiny amount of this cream & if you miss the very first sign of the cold sore you will be wasting the medicine as it works quickly at the onset. I literally carry this around with me so that if a cold sore is about to start I've got my abreva with me to immediately go to work.

So gotta tell you I do Love my Abreva & I especially love that I haven't had as many outbreaks of cold sores as I once had.

No comments:

Post a Comment