Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

When will the warmth begin???

Yeah I went there... the weather usually reserved for "small talk" when running into acquaintances we are polite to but really don't want to get into anything "serious" when "asking" them how things are etc.

So anyway it's been cold, damp & just to tease us we get a really nice day sandwiched inbetween. Today however was yet another rainy day ~ can you even picture it? I mean afterall it is April ... you remember the lovely little saying "April Showers bring May Flowers" don't you? Well I think they really mean it ~ Literally!!!
I rarely bother to listen to the weather reports (after all I can easily look out my window or open the door & actually go outside to determine if the weather requires a jacket or heavy coat or whathaveyou... but I had the tv on while in another room & over heard these words "80 degrees on the weekend" ... now I dare to hope that we will actually have such lovely warmth this weekend. Of course I only heard those words & had not been watching so have no idea if I misheard or if it will be as lovely as they stated.

OOhhh I'll get off the wet, damp, cold weather that has been here on & off most of this month thus far.

In turn I will mention that I still haven't begun a sweater for Carter (yes, he's arrived in March and I still failed to get a simple sweater ready for his arrival) ... the dress I decided on for Abigail will take a bit longer since I haven't just sat down to "work" on it... and I started the Charity Challenge for April project... I only pledged one item this month since I saw how far behind I was with my other projects! I belong to a wonderful yahoo group of crocheters and we have a charity challenge each month from Jan. to Oct.

Ahh the sleep apnea saga continues ... although the machine seems great I've now noticed (20 nights after getting the second mask) that I have a pressure point at the bottom of my right nostril. Pressure points are not good things. Also when I called to ask about it & my dry mouth the tech who ususally deals with me was not in so I spoke with someone else & she really did not address the pressure point issue at all but she said she'd send me a chin strap to help keep my mouth closed while I sleep so that I won't have a dry mouth. That arrived today & I just don't see how that will help since it didn't seem to fit me at all.

So I am off to have some fun with my darling lovebugs (yes all 3 of them) they've already requested I bring the discovery toys I have. I must say I absolutely love that they will ask for the "cuppies" (that's from Kamryn the 2 yr. old requesting the Measure Up Cups) and then from Kyla "bring the math game please" and then Adriana requested the "Busy Bugs" (another math concepts activity) ... just go ck it out and if you have any questions call Sarah (her contact info is on the website) Tell her that her mother sent you!!!! (not that that will save you anything but it will please her no end to know I sent you her way)

Okay off I go to play & hopefully get some crocheting time in (yeah I know it's a lost cause LOL) but I've got a new "camera phone" ~ yes you read that right ~ and I'll try to get some cool pics to share :) you never know! It is just possible???
Frog free projects are wished for all of you :) And nice restful sleep!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment