Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2009

Project underway

I've decided to make a dress instead of a sweater for the upcoming baby shower. Yeah I know I have been saying for months now that I wanted to make a sweater for Heather's baby but I came across the cutest baby dress and just couldn't resist wanting to make that instead. With the baby afghan finished & a cute outfit already selected and the last piece to complete the gift about to be started I went on a pattern search. Yes I was looking for baby sweaters but you may understand what it's like to go on a pattern search & be distracted by all the possiblities.

Anyway I was doing my pattern search in the usual places I started with Lion Brand's pattern finder and although I loved a lot of the options most of the ones that I wanted to make were knitted & we all know I'm toooooooooo Slooooowwwwwwwww when it comes to my knitting hence the crochet passion I have come to know & love. I will eventually knit some of these adorable baby sweaters but for who I just have no idea!

Then I moved on to Ravelry's pattern base and oh my pattern heaven! So if you haven't joined head on over & get your self an invite to join ~ it is an incredible online community of fiber artists, if you crochet, knit or weave or spin or just love fiber you really should ck it out!

http://www.ravelry.com/

So here I was strolling through the baby patterns (crocheted ones although some of the knitted ones could definitely tempt me!!!) and came across this pattern Hip Dress for Baby.
I've completed the first three rounds and although I am making it larger than the pattern calls for I believe it will be perfect for when the baby is bigger. Pictures to follow (next week some time as it is Easter weekend and all).

Wishing you all a very Blessed & Happy Easter ... may the Lord Bless you & Keep you.
And may all your projects be frog free!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment