Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I can't wait for Sunday to arrive!



I haven't finished packing yet in case you were wondering. My two sundresses are ready to be packed. I really don't care for either print however they were the only 2 options I had when I was shopping for the fabric and since I really believe sundresses will be easiest to wear while I'm away I decided to go ahead & get both. Out of the two my "preferred" one is the dots ... in any case they are finished (yes hemmed or trimmed) & ready for packing.

I went to a professional seamstress & asked her for help in cutting the fabric for the second dress & showed her what I did with the first one ... she told me to fix the first one (she didn't like it at all) and she took the time to pin the fabric and then show me how to sew it (verbablly) so I could take it home & do it myself... she also told me not to make my straps with elastic to make straight straps and how long to make them to begin with so I could sew to the back & then bring to the front & see just where they needed to be sewn there. I am so very happy with the results. And even though I didn't want to "fix" the first one I did as I was told & have to admit I am much happier with the results.
I was so happy with my new walking shoes but I failed to tell you how I purchased them 1/2 size larger (when my feet swell they SWELL) but the next morning when I put them on (and they felt so good) within a very short period of time it was obvious that they were too big for me. I ended up going back to exchange them for the correct size (which I'm wearing right now & loving how they fit & feel). They did not have a second pair of the walking shoe in my size so I purchased a pair of cross trainers in my size that I can return later if I try them on & don't care for how they fit. (I won't be using them & I haven't even tried them on yet when I return I'll see how they fit & I will exchange them then if necessary.)
Now that I have my walking shoes & my dresses I'm ready to actually pack. I wish I knew which outfit to "travel in" that hasn't been decided yet and comfort is the main key to my decision. In any event I will pick something and be ready on time.
As for my crocheting ... the one ruffled stole in lavendar is about half way finished. When finished I will concentrate on the other one in progress... I have enough time between now & the time we really meet up with the family to finish these gifts so I am not worried about it ... I just would have preferred to have them completed before traveling so my take along project could have top priority while at the various places I would be waiting. I plan on bringing my shrug along to work on ... I might continue the baby afghan for my grandbaby due in March. All of this will be decided when I pack.
Wishing you all a great day ... I'm sure I'll post again before I leave (knowing me I might even post Sunday morning before I leave I wouldn't put it past me LOL) ...
And may you have frog free projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment