Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2008

You will be missed Uncle Bud!!!

It is with a sad heart I write that my father's last sibling has departed this earth. I didn't realize that I had been holding on to my uncle's existence as a comfort in my dad's absence (my dad died Dec. 18th 1997)... but God is gracious and while I was admitting to myself that I had been holding on to a piece of my dad in the comfort of my uncle's living, He (the Holy Spirit) washed over me during our church service yesterday morning and wrapped me in His love. Reminding me that my Heavenly Father hasn't left me nor forsaken me and will always be with me. It was very powerful, extremely emotional and cleansing. The experience allowed me to be refreshed and renewed.
Aunt Shirley my prayers are with you and the rest of the family (as always) but especially now in your time of sorrow.
So I share with my readers the loss of my uncle as way of explaining that posting about my fun filled time in Italy will wait for a few more days. The funeral is this Wed. morning. And as much as I would love to share with you some great photos and tell you all about my adventures I simply don't have my brain wrapped around those things at this time. I'm really blessed that God saw fit to remind me of His presence and His love while I sat at His feet at the altar at church. It really did help me to unburden myself there in His presence and to be able to walk away confident in the fact that His love will sustain me.
I needed that extra love showered on me at the church's altar yesterday since I had no idea I was holding on to my dad emotionally through the knowledge that his brother was here for me.
It was almost like losing my dad all over again ... not fully but close.

I thank you all for your patience and your understanding. Your support is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment