Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Design mode hit ...

Yesterday was weird in a way. First off we had snow followed by ice. My poor hubby has a terrible cold and he couldn't decide if he should stay home or go into work ... thankfully (in my opinion) he opted to stay home. Which meant I stayed home all day as well. But while I went bewteen baking and crocheting and cooking and crocheting I had decided to go ahead & see if the pattern I had in mind for a baby afghan would work. So I'm now 4 rows completed on a baby afghan I am working on... not sure if I like it or not. First off the orignial idea came from a scarf I worked up in ww yarn this is being worked up in sport weight 3ply yarn so not sure if the weight of the yarn is the issue or if it is simply that this particular yarn seems determined to snag on my hook every other stitch. Managed to work 2 rows before getting so upset I switched hooks. Yes I know you really should not change hooks but I just couldn't stand the snagging any more. You guessed it ...the problem was not my hook since the yarn continued to snag. Anyway I've got it under way & the shower it is intended for is coming up fast so I will stay with it & see what happens. Not sure how I want to edge this yet so that is another design feature to work on... I attempted to write out the pattern last night so I might be looking for pattern testers at some point in time.

Along with hubby being home & my never bothering to get dressed (I normally love pj lounge days) I never got around to my baby step program either so now I'm two days behind in my "baby stepping" to decluttering the house. I have to go out today for the crochet class at Alpha so I am not sure if I will manage to get just 5 minutes to clear one more small space or if I will have to come home and force myself to get it done. Time will tell.

Wishing you all frog free projects and now snag free as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment