Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Still Away...

Away from the snow & ice my family at home are dealing with. Sitting here in NC where the season is still "winter" but I can wear my flip flops and t-shirts comfortably. Yeah, some would say it is cold but I'm not one of them. I don't mind a cool breeze where I can get away with wearing my light jacket and not be uncomfortable. Now if I needed my coat then I'd say it's cold here. But so far so good.
It's been a pleasant, uneventful visit so far. Other than the fact that I've seen more Discovery Toys and have fallen in love with a few of their games. I would not look twice at it in the catalog or even online but playing with it person I'm hooked! I can't wait to play it with my granddaughters. What you wonder could I be babbling about? Wonder no longer it is called Flip Flop Faces and it is a very fun game. A bean bag game & you have several options for play. We chose to play where we needed to match the color bag to the bowl and we opted to play to a certain number of points to declare a winner (mind you 'we' are all adults & this game is for 4 yrs & up)... Needless to say for me to go on & on about it I must think it is fun!!! My mom played with us and determined she did not care for it at all. (poor mom, just could not make the bowls flip flop over and score some decent points). We return, to God please decent weather, early next week sometime.
The toys will come with us so Sarah can demonstate the toys & we can all play with them. Two other games that are very cool in my opinion are ~ Wiz Kids and Quick Call these are both games that adults can play with or with out the kids & enjoy. But there are still a few I haven't had the chance to play yet so I may be reporting on more later.
Finished the ripple afghan & it is lovely. I'm very pleased with it & will take pictures & report on it more when I am home. (can't do things to easily from someone else's computer).
Miss blogging will hopefully be back in full force when I am home with some pictures & more.
Wishing you all frog free projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment