Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

May 2009 treat you well

Yes today is the very first day of a brand new year. With the snowfall yesterday, I can look out my back window & see my back yard blanketed in white snow~ looking like a blank sheet of paper just ready for someone to make their mark on it. That is how today sort of feels. Like the first day of the rest of my life.

As I write & re-write and re-write yet again (isn't the delete key a work of genius?) in order to express myself in as concise a manner as possible (yes I do know I tend to be verbose most of the time). Today, I can accomplish anything ,within this year.

I see my house the way I want it to look. And it is really possible. Now that the grand daughters are really at an age of play when they come over they should not be left with only one option for sitting down and no place to move because my stuff is all over the living room (literally) and the kitchen table is the catch all with no place to sit & enjoy a meal. That must change. It will change. But not in the manner of the past. Where it is cleaned off, and within 2 weeks or a month (if we are lucky) and all of a sudden it is the catch all again.

I don't know what type of resolutions you may have in mind for 2009 but for me & my house this is the year I take charge & put my play things in order. This is the year I will show my husband I really do have the right to claim to be a 'homemaker' on our income tax forms. LOL
You know I always sign homemaker but since I don't do anything with my home I feel like I've lied but there isn't any way to put homebound bum and feel good about it either.

So may the year 2009 treat you well and more importantly may you treat yourself well in 2009!
May all your projects be frog free!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment