Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2009

Keeping up with my baby steppin'

Yes! I am on a "roll" so to speak with keeping up with the baby steps to de-cluttering my home. If I can just keep devoting a mere few minutes here and there the small areas will be cleaned & clear of the clutter. Which I do believe will spark the necessary stamina to work on the larger areas. So far it has been very low key & truth be told only I would actually notice the minor changes that have been achieved. But there is a valid reason for that my sweet hubby wouldn't notice the small changes until the big ones occur. He has learned over the years not to touch my mess and so now he ignores my huge mess as best he can.

There are reasons for this being the right time of my life to follow through on these things that have been building up inside of me ... procrastination can only get you so far before you must do whatever it is you are supposed to do and that is what has happened to me.

And it is true that you are more creative in an environment conducive to creativity. Which would be clean and uncluttered yet still have you surrounded by the things that help your creativity flow. When I finish my decluttering and have my home set up the way I'd like it to be my fun things will still be surrounding me so I can be as creative as I would like. Some times it can be scary to have so many ideas bouncing around inside of me that I just don't know how to harness them. I don't know how to commit them all to paper so that they can be possibly carried out some day but they are there. Some have stayed a very long time others faded away. But the creativity is a force to be reckoned with and procrastination has no place in the truly creative process. My desire to allow my creative side to have full expression has grown to the point that procrastination has to step aside or be blown away from the force of my creativity.

I will have my organized craft room, my organized home and my ideas will be kept somewhere handy so that I can act upon them as needed.


You can clearly see that baby steps will take me so far but the rest will have to be done with mature steps. The rest of the story will have to unfold at a pace that allows me to still tackle all of the "must do" items on my crochet list. I'm sure I'll manage to tell you all about it successes or failures.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne--good luck with your baby steps! I think I'm going to have to adopt that process also, as my house is also quite a clutter-trap. The nice thing is that we're moving, and so we can toss or give away things as we pack.

    I also want to mention that I've gone and read several of your previous posts, and I quite enjoy the style in which you write. And I'm glad to have you as a sister in Christ. :) You seem to have a wonderful sense of humor, and a great talent for crochet, and if I never get to meet you in this life, I'll make sure to look you up in Heaven! God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete