Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

16 days to the New Year....

and what do you have to accomplish before that? Well around here we have Christmas shopping & crocheting to finish up. And some how some way we need to get our priorities set so that everything that is really important is taken care of before time gets away from us.

Lost my mind trying to understand some things but found my mind when certain things were brought into proper perspective. Lost my mind around the hustle & bustle but found my mind again when the hustle & bustle belonged to someone other than myself.

Christmas is not about the gifts we give or about the gifts we receive ~ at least it should not be about them. Christmas is about the ultimate gift that our loving heavenly Father gave to a lost & dying world. Christ was sent from heaven above to live the life of a human man from birth to adulthood to know what we go through and to set the example that we can live a Holy life if we chose to follow Him. We need to decide what is this "holiday" season all about and how will we handle it for our own lives & families. Now as for gift giving I'm not saying don't give gifts ~ after all our example came from God Himself who gave His only begotten Son that we may chose to believe and have eternal life & not perish. Since God has given all of us the ultimate gift we can show our love for others by giving thoughtful gifts to those around us. Christmas isn't anything with out Christ! Gifts don't need to be expensive to be "good" ... they can be simple gifts from the heart. Last year my granddaughter made me a "book" ... she drew the pictures and told her mom the story, her mom had her write one word on each page. It is one of my favorite gifts that I have ever received. It came straight from her heart and was such a delightful gift to read. I hope she thinks of me that way again. With the economy so low and everyone hurting moneywise I think we need to get back to simpler ways of celebrating. Baking and sharing our baked goods can be very thoughtful gifts along with basic needs being met through our gift giving. Practical gifts that meet a need in someone's life is a great way to go ...after all that is the example of our Loving Father ~ He gave the world His only Begotten Son ~ nothing more practical than a way to be forgiven of our sins so that we can spend eternity with our creator.

I see the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009 as a way to stop & reflect on this year and to decide how I would like to see myself living in the new year. What changes will you make to see your dreams come true?
Wishing you all a very thoughtful day full of joy & happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment