Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Progress update & random thoughts

Adriana's small afghan is almost done ... meaning I have a couple more color bands to work before trimming (about 3 hours work? left??) ... I like it more as it grows so I may have to revisit this pattern for some of the baby gifts I need to make.

I want to share about my trip to Italy. First off I managed to sleep on the plane on the way there which is really unusal for me. For the first time I traveled & did not suffer from jet lag. We (meaning my mom) had booked our trip through a travel agent and through their discussions it became clear that the trip my mom wanted could be provided by Gate One. Most of our fellow travelers had booked through Gate One directly online. I found our trip to be excellent from beginning to end. And yes there were the usual bumps along the way but they were not happening to me. One couple had problems with their luggage being destroyed enroute which required them to deal with replacing one large piece of luggage before we left Venice. They said that their clothes were fine just the luggage was ruined & could not be used for the rest of the trip. Then as we progressed he was fighting a cold. I felt terrible for them.

But enough about someone else's trip!!LOL

Venice was just as beautiful as I remembered. It was so nice to sit in the lobby of the hotel and look out at the water, and boats. Ahh I can almost picture myself sitting there once again. I really enjoyed everything. (I did manage to avoid the smells that can accompany living so close to all that water!!!)


Above is one view of the lobby ... those are fresh flowers in the glass vase. And below is one view looking out of the lobby.

And yes it was beautiful weather while we were there. The one thing is that it was a whirlwind of activity and exhaustion. LOL well from my way of thinking. I'm out of shape and there is no getting around that. So for me all that walking was fine as long as I didn't have to stand around too long inbetween all the moving. And more importantly as long as I was able to rest afterwards with my feet elevated. (allows me a fighting chance against the edema)

More to follow. Pictures too. I had so many to chose from it is difficult to put them all here. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great trip. Can't wait to read and see more. I just discovered your blog. I am also a self taught lefty. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete