Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

hello is anyone out there?

I'm seriously wondering how to encourage people to leave comments. Especially with questions in them regarding crocheting.
I guess the dynamic of my blog has completely changed since it had to move from Lion Brand's site. Perhaps I have ventured to far into what is/has been happening in my life aside from the crochet projects?

Currently I have finished the beret and one scarf for Kathleen working on the second scarf then will make the flowers that adorn the scarves.
I donated 3 baby sweaters for the community outreach and still intend to make at least 2 chemo caps since they (the caps) are the primary focus of the outreach this year.

Last week I went into NYC and met with two online friends ... had a bite of lunch and hit the Smiley's Yarn Sale (held in the Holiday Inn on W57th Street in Manhatten)... only intended to purchase some much needed baby yarn but went a little overboard and then saw the ribbon yarn in a lovely purple which made me think of my sister in law so I purchased that as well with thoughts of making her a simple wrap. The time spent with friends was the absolute best! Meeting Connie in person for the first time felt so strange since I already felt that we knew each other so well from all the online communication & phone calls. I had the honor of meeting her beautiful daughter and wonderful husband briefly before we ventured off for our day together.
Of course Maria was with us ... really loved seeing Maria again as I had met her a couple years ago (& not for the yarn sale) when I had brought my mom & one of my sister in law's to the city for some shopping in the diamond district. Maria was able to meet up with us at John's (great pizza place!) So with Maria as our guide off we went. I'm still working out the kinks my body took on itself while I lugged my great buy until we stopped & I purchased a small shopping cart to put all the yarn in then dragged that behind me. As I told my husband when I got home the cart was a necessary purchase or did he prefer they found my body dead on the streets of Manhatten? LOL Seriously if I didn't have Connie & Maria with me I would not have been able to manage. They were super company and I look forward to when we can meet again. Maybe next time we'll arrange to meet at the Lion Brand Yarn Studio? Who knows???

Current wim's for Christmas still ... small afghan for Adriana (alot of the yarn I purchased was for her afghan & snuggle squares) and a new snuggle square ... one of hers is slowly being loved to pieces. An afghan for Kamryn who turns 2 this Feb. (she is already being potty trained and doing an excellent job of it!!!!) Sweaters or some other baby item for the new babies expected this spring. (My niece and several friends all due in or around March).

Current wip's that have been on hold : my shrug which should not take forever to finish, Angie's sweater that really needs some serious attention paid to it!!

Wishing you all frog free projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment