Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas Yay that's today!!!

Before we leave to go see Adriana open her gifts and then head over to see Kyla & Kami open theirs. I thought I would wish you all a wonderful day. A day full of love & joy. With the economy the way it is I understand many will be having a day with less gifts or perhaps with no gifts to open. But if the true meaning of this day were being celebrated then it won't matter about the gifts or no gifts what will really matter is being able to spend time with someone we love. It is more about how we treat one another with thoughtfulness, kindness and yes common courtesy. All to often we allow the holiday season (whether we celebrate Christmas or not) to be an excuse to be frazzled and exhausted and all out of sorts with our own emotions that we strike out at our loved ones and then feel like the day has been ruined. Which it can be simply because everyone gets overly tired and all we should do is take a deep breath and relax. Let everyone else off the hook for rude behavior and forgive them for being overly rushed & exhausted, forgive ourselves for being that way too and then look beyond all of that to give ourselves the chance to enjoy the time being spent together.

In spite of all the rushing around and the "pressure" building up yesterday I managed to get the laundry done, along with 6 pies before leaving to watch the girls. While there I did manage to fall asleep almost every time I worked on the afghan. Last night I had gotten the afghan to the size I had planned on making it all I needed to do was trim it and be finished. But to be honest with you I found it lacking. Yes it was the size I had planned on but I just felt it was too skinny. I wanted it larger. So I made the decision to continue working on it until it is a more acceptable size. I finished the scarf for Kyla and packed my tote bag with the afghan & extra yarn. So out of all the things needed to be done yesterday I finished all but 2. I still need to work on the afghan for Adrians until I like it's size. And I need to finish her new snuggle square. That I can probably finish today.
Tomorrow I will pull out the pictures and share with you about our visit to Murano Isle. That was so much fun!!!
For now I wish you all a very Merry Christmas & a relaxing day spent with loved ones.
(and of course frog free projects LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment