Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2009

Random thoughts or just rambling ...

I received a phone call to confirm my sleep study test for tonight & then about 45 minutes later I received a second call to cancel my appointment. Add to that news I was then told the next appointment time would not be until April. I'm rather disappointed to say the least. Knowing for a fact that I do have sleep apnea I was really looking forward to finding out if the use of the CPAP machine would help me at all. Telling the guy that I was scheduled for the second test with the CPAP machine in order to determine if it would help me did nothing to help the situation. Instead of him saying we'll do what we can to get you in he continues to tell me that next week will be my "first" sleep study and then "if you need" a second one we'll schedule you.
What? Didn't the doctor already determine he wanted me tested twice to determine if the CPAP machine would help me? Why then does a non-doctor get to act as if I would not need a second test with the machine? It just upset me.

Then I was thinking about the reason why I sought this testing in the first place. I know I have sleep apnea (and anyone who has been on a trip with me as my roommate knows this too) it is pretty obvious when I'm snoring away & then suddenly stop breathing then jerk around a bit & begin breathing again. So yeah I have sleep apnea. So yeah I'm exhausted most days & nights & my concern is that I need help to get some real "rest" when my eyes are closed so that I don't just continue in a fog. The nurse in the recovery room told me I needed to be reevaluated so I wonder what she saw /heard etc. to make her tell me that?

Okay change of subject. While visiting with my daughter & son in love we watched an episode of Dateline. Bring Sean Home ... First off this particular episode totally s***ed in my opinion. My prayers are with that father who is (as far as we know) still seeking to be reunited with his son. I'm doing my best to recap this show as briefly as possible : Husband discovers marriage gone bad with no warning, completely caught off guard. Son stolen from loving doting father by mother who apparently had everyone fooled by her loving behavior. Son not returned to the father even though there is an international something or other law that is supposed to help parents in these cases, he's now divorced even though it wasn't what he wanted or even understands why she wanted it. (She was originally from Brazil & she went back to Brazil) She remarries, gives birth to a baby girl then dies & his son is still kept from him. The new husband claims he wants to adopt the son because he was more of a father figure to Sean then his biological father. I was so upset by the end of this show & that was a few weeks ago that I saw it and it has stayed with me all this time. I think it is horrible that things like this can & do happen. I find it most upsetting that there is no explaination for what caused her to do what she did. I mean not that I would agree with what she did but if she were so unhappy living in NJ wouldn't she say something to her husband? Wouldn't she ask him to consider moving to another location or country or something? Wouldn't she tell her closest friends how unhappy she was? They all seemed just as surprised & shocked by her departure as he did. No one seemed to have any clue what was behind her behavior.

Change of topic ... my prayers are with all of the families & friends who lost loved ones in the plane crash in Buffalo NY last night. I don't have any details as I haven't been watching the news (yet) but I have heard it was horrible and many lives lost due to this plane crash. It makes me doubly thankful my dear daugher's flights home went so well. And she is home with her hubby now safe & sound. My heart is broken for all of those who have lost someone due to this crash.

Okay one crochet related item & I'm done for today ... I gave the flower hexagon sweater to someone else (I just didn't have /take the time to finish a baby sweater that I wanted to give them & so I took the finished item and gave it away) ... it was intended for Heather's baby but not now. I am almost finished with the sweater I started for the gift (which then wasn't finished in time) but it can't be Heather's baby's gift since it is pink & yellow & Heather wishes for nothing in pink. I will make yet another one for her.
Okay off to try & finish this sweater and get another item underway.
Wishing you all frog free projects & trouble free days. May all your loved ones be safe today!

No comments:

Post a Comment