Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Test 2 to come ...

So I had a lovely, if somewhat rushed evening with my hubby. But made it to the sleep center just a few minutes late. Had my sleep test last night woke up this morning still exhausted. Asked how long I had to wait for results and was told not as long as I thought. She then told me that I tested positive and not to miss my next test. The next test is with a CPAP machine to see if it helps me sleep (eliminate the apnea). It may even require yet another test afterwards as a follow up once I'm on the machine. CPAP means Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. Not oxygen but rather room air that flows through the machine to provide you with a continuous flow of pressurized air. The technician told me I must have been sleeping like this for years & years.

Okay so I get home exhausted and ready to sleep. Makes sense doesn't it? I mean I went to bed around 11 ish (not sure there were no clocks easily spied so I felt totally disoriented by the lack of a clock) and woke up to go to the bathroom during the night then again but decided not to get up afterall and finally a third time to go to the bathroom at 5:30 and there ended my sleep study. Got up unhooked and told to clean up and answer the question sheet. Back home I had a yogurt and read the funnies (comic strips) online then went back to bed until 10 (so 7 to 10 for some sleep) feel slightly more awake now than I did at 5:30.

Okay going to figure out what I will do now ... maybe go prepare food for my hubby for when he gets home from church.
Stay alert when your awake but make the most of your sleep when you do sleep!!
Wishing you all frog free projects ... and oh by the way I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day with those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment