Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2009

Sleep Study take 2 tonight

I woke up with a pounding headache this morning. I need to function as laundry has to get done, in order for me to be comfortably dressed (otherwise I can be uncomfortably dressed) for the day. I have no desire to move with this pounding in my head.

I feel like I've been here but not here. Too busy to enjoy the time I've spent being busy. But sleepy through all of the busyness. It's not a pleasant feeling. It's not nice to wake up feeling as if you didn't finish what you needed to finish and some how discover it was the sleeping that you didn't finish because even though you spent 8 hours in bed with your eyes closed you didn't actually get real sleep ~ the kind that lets you wake up ready to face the world and any task you have before you. The kind that lets you feel like the energized bunny. I have to admit I haven't felt like that in years ... probably in about 20 years. But over the course of time my level of exhaustion seems to have reached an all time high within the past 3 or 4 years ... where I could wake up and start my day just to fall asleep sitting at the computer a few minutes after I sat down. Or just put on a favorite show to watch & have to restart it 10 times in order to actually "see" it because sleeping took over almost instantly within the first 10 minutes of the show.

So it is with great anticipation that I look forward to this sleep study tonight. I hope they discover what I have suspected for a very long time now ~ that the CPAP machine would provide me with some relief from the apnea. Enough relief that I would wake up feeling refreshed & energized for a change. Relief that would make my time seem more useful. Instead of like I'm trying to get something accomplished before I fall asleep again.

With that I will say I'm almost finished with the scarf for Bethany. I still need to get to work on Kathleen's projects. And I need to finish up the baby gifts. I'm slower than ever these days & not enjoying that at all.

Wishing you all "frog free" projects and really good restful sleep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment