Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

And changes have been made....

I was so close to completing the 4th sq. needed for the baby afghan ... until I reached the very last round to be worked and ran out of yarn. I know that white is not always white ... in the sense that the shades of white can vary greatly!!! This caused me to begin rethinking my options, and also to call on a friend to vent my frustration & ask for her insight or suggestions etc. Thanks Connie!!!!

It's me. I'm the one who always envisions a baby afghan to be large enough for the parent & baby to snuggle under in order to be happy with my gift of said afghan. When the first one I worked up only ended up being a 25 inch sq. ~ perfectly adequate for a baby, especially since it would be a great size for covering an infant car seat ~ I was beside myself thinking okay it will be given to someone else while I get working on something larger.

That is how I came to have two separate baby afghans under way right now, both in white & pink but one was ww while the other was sport or dk weight. Being happier with the results of the larger squares being worked in the ww yarn I settled in on that project. Then I ran out of the white yarn! Yes I will complete this sq & then I will use a different yarn to trim all of the squares with before joining ... hopefully this will help hide the difference in the shade of white.
Once I realized that I would switch gears & go ahead & give the smaller afghan already completed that meant I did not need as many squares to complete the second afghan ... I quickly laid out the squares I had already made and discovered I could accomplish this second afghan by working up only one more square then trimming all and then joining .... I will have this project completed by my deadline of Thursday.

So thanks to my friend & her great advice I will complete my projects on time and be happy with my choices.
Pictures of all 3 afghans when I finish them!

No comments:

Post a Comment