Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2008

A time for teaching...

Crochet that is :)
Yesterday afternoon my niece & I met at the library for some quiet crochet time. She just needs encouragement to continue to practice until her hands find this new skill comfortable & relaxing. I'm very proud of her and how well she has started off with her crocheting.
Today I will visit with my students at the Alpha Pregnancy Care Center and see how they have been progressing. I volunteer my time there to help teach the women who attend parenting classes there and it is so nice to see a group of women sitting around crocheting & knitting together talking about what is on their mind or what's important to them at the time. Even better is to be a part of that same group able to share my own experience with them and help them to chose projects that will allow their skills to grow while at the same time meeting a need they may have in their homes or as gifts for family or friends.
Time to pack up my tote bag with my current projects for them to see what I'm busy working on and see what help they may need or want from me.
Wishing you all frog free projects today!

No comments:

Post a Comment