Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shopping disappointment....

Shopping for clothes is not my idea of fun. And less when I actually find something I like but hate the price! And as usual I was looking for one or two dresses and instead of finding what I wanted I found new shirts that I need to replace my old ones! (I wear my clothes for years & years & then some more years!) So my old ones are at least 8 to 10 years old (according to some of my pictures anyway) ... yet that does not make me feel more inclined to spend almost $70 dollars on 5 new tops (nothing exciting mind you ... just something to be worn any day of the week knit t-tops if you understand me ... not button down shirts here). The original price made me choke (or I should say would have made me choke had I ever considered spending that amount on an every day shirt! But the clearance price left me feeling like I am out of touch with how much things really cost ... ummm since I wear my clothes for as long as possible yeah I can be out of touch. I mean I could still wear my old shirts for another year and save $$ or I can allow the old ones to be replaced at a cost and then have the old ones to sleep in or camp in or paint in or God forbid I actually think it ... Clean in... OUCH... to have clothes that I can clean in without fear of ruining them... nah that ... um, er... well... let's just leave that thought alone for now and never revisit it unless absolutely necessary!!!
So my plan to wear mainly sun dresses is shattered due to the fact that I can't find sun dresses to add to my 2 that I need to sew... now my thought is if I purchased a basic pair of jeans (traumatic for me to be sure) along with those new shirts? then I could bring along the 2 dresses and have pants with a couple of tops and that would suffice for the whole trip (probably fit most of it in my carry on bag! Oh if I could actually pack just what I needed in a carry on bag for a 2 week trip out of the country wouldn't that be incredible??? I would try that you realize I'm not kidding right!??
Well now I've got to really think things through & decide how I want to do this. If I could manage to pack everything I really need for 2 weeks into my carryon bag I wouldn't have to deal with a checked bag at all. I wouldn't have to worry about anyone going through my stuff and possibly taking anything of mine (yes I've traveled out of the country before & had some small items go missing but worse was a friend of mine her jeans & bras were stolen out of her checked bag!) When you "check" your bag they take it away from you to inspect then they close it & put it on the plane you don't see them going through your stuff at that point ... when they go through your stuff in your carry on that is done right in front of you. Ummm not possible to carry all my clothing needs for 2 weeks & toiletries and gifts for the family ??? is it???

Okay so the one scarf is at the finishing stage and I love it! Not a fringe person but think I need to put some fun edge to it so that is what I plan on doing today and then getting the other scarf finished up. And if possible beginning the ruffled stole in lavender color. That makes me happy.
Wishing you all fun, frog free projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment