Wave hat

Wave hat
An original design of mine in the works

Search This Blog

Friday, August 29, 2008

Shopping Continued

I will be meeting the travel agent this morning (very soon in fact) to just go over our paper work ~ make sure that I understand what I need to do with our stuff ... get clear on just a few things (gee you'd think I never flew out of this country before but that isn't true!!)

From that meeting I will be back at the store (they were holding some shirts for me) the sale is supposed to be an additional % off the already clearanced priced items so hopefully I will save something in the process. The decision has been made that I need to replace my everyday tops so I might as well do so now and in the process if it means I can bring some of those items along on my trip so much the better.

I will still need walking shoes ... shoe shopping is the absolute worst in my opinion. I have one foot that swells and one that can if it wants to but basically I can't wear all the pretty shoe styles out there ... I'm lucky I can handle ballerina style slip ons for the majoritiy of my footwear (they aren't always as easy to find as you'd expect)... and when it comes to walking shoes in a wide width half way decent will cost you an arm or a leg! Hey do you have any idea how much yarn we are talking about here????? Let me tell you it's a lot!



So I've written out my clothing plan for packing and I think I might still have too many items I'll have to really listen to my daughter on this ... she said to put everything on the bed and pack if I have too much quickly decide what is staying home. Make sure what I kept packed will work together and move on to something else.



On a crochet note .... I began the ruffled stole ... that hopefully will work up fast (of course if I don't work on it it can't work up fast or slow) ... I have frogged & restarted the second scarf I had under way ... at least 3 times now. I even brought out my knitting needles thinking what I wasn't happy with in crochet I might care for in basic knit stitch on large needles. Wrong!

So I have decided to frog that yet again & this time I will approach it differently. Hopefully it will work and I won't have a breakdown without finishing all of my gifts in time!

Well time to get ready ... can't go shopping or meet with anyone while still in my jammies! LOL or as I've been known to say I can go but no one wants to see me like this in public!LOL

Wishing you all frog free projects :)

No comments:

Post a Comment